[R-sig-ME] calculation of AIC

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 2 01:34:44 CET 2009

  Well, my two cents is (are?) that the AICs should definitely be
presented via round(AIC,0) or round(AIC,1) and not with signif()
as they are.  Deviance/AIC differences are really only important
on an absolute scale (agreeing with Murray Jorgensen).  Thus
I would consider the use of signif() rather than round() in
print.glm() a "misfeature" ...  (Does anyone know of a context
where *relative* differences in AIC or deviance are important?)

  Ben Bolker