[R-sig-ME] Problems installing matrix and lme4 on R 2.8.1

Adam D. I. Kramer adik at ilovebacon.org
Fri Jan 30 20:00:01 CET 2009

Hi Achaz,

 	Have you compiled software on your Mac before? Inability to find the
"make" command may indicate that your computer is just not set up to compile
software. You can fix this by installing Xtools off of your installation
disks for the computer or downloading it from http://developer.apple.com
...otherwise, sticking to "pre-compiled" binaries is a pretty safe
bet...lots of care goes into ensuring that they work correctly.

--Adam