[R-sig-ME] UseR!2009

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:27:37 CET 2009

Please note that the UseR!2009 conference, to be held in Rennes,
France July 8-10 is now open for submission of abstracts.  See
http://www.R-project.org/useR-2009/

I am on the program committee and would be pleased to organize a
session on a topic related to mixed models.  It could be oriented
toward a specific applications area (social sciences, life sciences
and agriculture, education, pharmacology) or towards specific types of
model (linear mixed models, generalized linear mixed models, nonlinear
mixed models) or towards certain types of data layouts (models with
nested random effects or crossed random effects or partially crossed
random effects) or towards specific technical issues
(assessing precision of fixed-effects estimates, hypothesis testing,
model comparisons)

Regrettably, funds for invited speakers are already committed so I am
seeking speakers who would be willing both to pay for their attendance
and to prepare a talk.  If you have ideas for a suitable session
please email the list or send me mail off-list.