[R-sig-ME] Something broken in lme4 after update?

Daniel Ezra Johnson danielezrajohnson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:11:46 CET 2008

Hello,

Sorry if the solution to this was already posted...

I'm getting this error:

> library(lme4)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  function 'cholmod_start' not provided by package 'Matrix'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'lme4'

trying to install lme4 version 0.999375-27 on top of Matrix
0.999375-17 (both from CRAN, not using R-Forge).

This is with R for Mac OS X 2.8.0.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel