[R-sig-ME] single argument anova for GLMMs (really, glmer, or dispersion?)

Robert Kushler kushler at oakland.edu
Sun Dec 14 04:59:36 CET 2008

Doesn't it make sense to think of the "gamma mixture of Poissons" as
a Poisson GLM with a gamma-distributed random (intercept) effect?  In other
words, it's a GLMM with a gamma distribution instead of gaussian.  Adding
another (gaussian) random effect to a negative binomial model seems a bit
redundant.

Regards,   Rob Kushler