[R-sig-ME] Wald F tests

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 7 23:41:27 CEST 2008

If I were using glmer to fit a generalized linear mixed model I would
use likelihood ratio tests rather than Wald tests.  That is, I would
fit a model including a particular term then fit it again without that
term and calculate the difference in the deviance values, comparing
that to a chi-square.

I'm not sure how one would do this using the results from glmmPQL.