[R-sig-ME] binomial fixed-effect p-values by simulation

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 25 15:08:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Daniel Ezra Johnson
<danielezrajohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but if my interest is in
> testing a single fixed effect _term_ (all coefficients at once) is
> there an appropriate statistic to simulate for a binomial model?

> In other words, if I fit a linear model "glmodel" I can simulate one
> of the F-statistics from anova(glmodel). If there's only one
> coefficient for the term then F = t^2...

Is there an F statistic reported in anova(glmmodel)?  I had a bug in
the code that allowed such a calculation in some circumstances but
Antje Nuthmann pointed out to me  that it was incorrect and could
provoke an obscure error message.

The good news is that I changed the single-argument form of the anova
method in 0.999375-25 so the wrong results are not reported.  The bad
news is that no results are reported.  For a binomial or Poisson GLMM
I think the appropriate statistic would be a chi-square but I haven't
thought of exactly how it would be calculated.