[R-sig-ME] binomial fixed-effect p-values by simulation

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Sat Aug 23 02:45:47 CEST 2008

Daniel,

This is almost parametric bootstrapping. Rather than looking at the
distribution of the parameter estimates it looks at the distribution
of the test statistic (z value) and should be an improvement. I'm not
certain of the correct way but summary(fixed.sim)@coefs will return
them.

Unless the sample size is small I wouldn't be particularly worried
about the distribution of the fixed effects estiamtes and I expect in
your example there wont be much difference.

Another option is to use the sandwich estimator with logistic
regression.

Ken