[R-sig-ME] segfaults from lmer on a 64-bit system

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 13 08:55:25 CEST 2008

I would first try later versions of both the Matrix and lme4 packages.
 Versions currently on CRAN are Matrix_0.999375-11 and
lme4_0.999375-24

If you continue to get segfaults then having a reproducible example,
along with the data - anonymized if you wish, will be important.

You can determine the versions of the packages that you are using with

sessionInfo()