[R-sig-ME] Mixed Effects Model for Ordinal Data

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Thu Jul 31 14:44:26 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 08:27 -0400, Doran, Harold wrote:
> But, just in case it's not obvious, the current link functions for lmer
> don't support ordinal data.

I had never noticed anything in lmer specifically for ordinal logistic
regression (like lrm in Design). I created separate logistic regressions
using lmer but it would be nice to be able to make it proportional like
lrm does.

I also looked at logitord from repeated but it is not very flexible
(only one level of nesting and one observation per time point per
subject as far as I can tell) and difficult to get to work.

Rick B.