[R-sig-ME] Logistisc regression (lmer) fitted by the Laplace approximation- references?

R.S. Cotter cotter.rs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:09:38 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I have sucessfully run Logistic regression by using generalized linear
mixed-effects model (lmer) fitted by the Laplace approximation (lme4
package).

Is there any limits that I should aware of by use of this model? I
haven't found references for this model, could somone provide me with
a reference from a article/book?

My response is Yes or No and explanatory variables is categories
(A,B,C and D), and random effect (ID, number of groups 7).

Regards RS