[R-sig-ME] Model comparison using BIC, AIC, -2Log

Mike Dunbar mdu at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:28:57 CEST 2008

Dear Luis

It is not necessarily straightforward but there is alot of information out there that can help you. Take a look at http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=guides:lmer-tests and also look through the archives of this list, e.g. the thread entitled "[R-sig-ME] interpreting significance from lmer results for dummies (like me)"

regards

Mike

>>> Luis Orlindo Tedeschi <luis.tedeschi at gmail.com> 03/07/2008 22:23 >>>
Folks; I have a quick question about model comparison. Is it ok to use
BIC/AIC/-2log to compare models with different fixed and random effects
and even different var-(co)var structure? How can I accomplish this
using R? Will Anova do the correct comparison of different models?
Thanks in advance. Luis

--
Luis Orlindo Tedeschi <luis.tedeschi at gmail.com>

This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient ...{{dropped:6}}