[R-sig-ME] help with repeated measures on a split-plotexperiment

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Jun 9 15:34:19 CEST 2008

James,

Have you considered lmer(response ~ snow*warm*year + (year|plot), cass))
with year as a factor? That would allow for correlation between the
years. But I'm wondering if year as a fixed effect still makes sense
with that kind of random effects.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey