[R-sig-ME] Logistic regression with random effect and AIC output?

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at muohio.edu
Tue May 20 12:57:59 CEST 2008

Hi Cotter,
The list and examples are full of such scripts, but it depends on
what you are looking for.  With a single random effect you might look
at the glmmML package its examples. Also, AIC depends on how you
count degrees of freedom for random effects -- the whole field of
glmm's is a bit of a land mine. How many levels of "Place" do you have?
Hank
Hank
On May 20, 2008, at 6:35 AM, R.S. Cotter wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I will run a logistic regression model, with sevral explanatory
> variables.
> But I don't find a script that both include a random effect and
> also has a
> AIC output. Have tried different search options.
>
> I'll be pleased if someone could help me.
>
> Response: Answer (Yes or Now)
> Explanatory variables: Age, Mass and Diet
> Random effect: Place
>
> Regards Cotter

Dr. Hank Stevens, Associate Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056

Office: (513) 529-4206
Lab: (513) 529-4262
FAX: (513) 529-4243
http://www.cas.muohio.edu/~stevenmh/
http://www.users.muohio.edu/harkesae/
http://www.cas.muohio.edu/ecology
http://www.muohio.edu/botany/
"E Pluribus Unum"

                                             (Douglas Adams)

If you send an attachment, please try to send it in a format anyone
can read, such as PDF, text, Open Document Format, HTML, or RTF.