[R-sig-ME] random effects specification

Julie Marsh marshj02 at student.uwa.edu.au
Mon May 5 04:12:59 CEST 2008

Dear Sebastian,

Sounds as if you have received great advice already.  Just a short
note - I believe you are missing the fixed-effect intercept in your
model which I have denoted as simply "B" in your notation below.  This
is often denoted as Beta0 or B0 in textbooks (sorry no subscripts or
greek letters printing in this email!).

y_{ijk} = B + B_j + B_k + B_{jk} + b_i + e_{ijk}    i=1,...,20; j=A,B; k=a,b,c

kindest regards,  julie.