[R-sig-ME] prediction intervals from a mixed-effects models?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Apr 16 05:00:48 CEST 2008

Dear Gregor:

      Thanks for the suggestion.  Scanning "help(pac=Zelig)", I didn't
see anything that sounded to me like "prediction intervals from a
mixed-effects model".  Without a more focused suggestions, it seems
simpler to me to transform somehow the MCMC results into the desired
prediction intervals.

      Thanks again.
      Spencer
p.s.  I noticed that I had inadvertently not copied into my email an
line needed to make my example self contained.  The following should
work, as far as it goes:

library(lme4)
library(MEMSS)
set.seed(3)
fm3r <- lmer(distance~age*Sex+(1|Subject), Orthodont)
samp3r <- mcmcsamp(fm3r, n=10000)