[R-sig-ME] logLik df in lme vs. lmer

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 3 18:16:11 CEST 2008

    AB> Dear all -
    AB> R 2.6.2, lme4 version 0.99875-9, OSX.

If you use any recent R-forge version of 'lme4'
you will see that the degrees of freedoms
are 6 and 5  (instead of 5 and 4) for your two examples.

You can get the R-forge version by

install.packages("lme4",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
library(lme4)

If you want to have it in a different than default library
(because you would want the "old" CRAN-lme4 by default),
you'd need something like

myLib <- "......./my_library"
##        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  a place where you have WRITE permission
dir.create(myLib)
install.packages("lme4",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",
		 lib = myLib)
library(lme4, lib = myLib)