[R-sig-ME] how to know if random factors are significant?

John Maindonald John.Maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 2 08:21:52 CEST 2008

Sure, I should have said:
"p-values (once one has worked out how to calculate them)"

Where was it said that degrees of freedom would necessarily help,
especially for a generalized linear mixed model?
:-) John.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.