[R-sig-ME] need help with mixed effects model

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:30:28 CET 2008

First, I want to thank everyone on this SIG list for their generous time
and thoughts on my problem. I am particularly grateful for learning that
my problem is "multivariate" and that lmer is not (yet) set up for that.
I will certainly be paying close attention to the list for the day when
it is I think it is a terrific package.

Upon learning that what I am interested in is multi-variate correlation,
not multi-factorial, a search of R packages turned up CORREP, which
seems tailor made to my situation. In fact, perhaps once again a Nobel
prize has slipped through my grasp as I find that yet another great idea
of mine is not very original after all ;)

So, I'll give lmer a rest for now and see how CORREP does, but I do look
forward to hearing about lmer's multivariate capabilities in the future.

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com