[R-sig-ME] mcmcpvalue and contrasts

Ken Beath kjbeath at kagi.com
Tue Feb 26 05:46:22 CET 2008

On 26/02/2008, at 1:22 PM, Steven McKinney wrote:

> Hi Hank,

Even with orthogonal designs there is still a problem with
interpretation. If we have a model with A*B and the interaction and B
are significant, then it seems that the conclusion about B is limited
to the choice of A in the experiment.  An assumption that the effect
of B will be the same with a different set of A seems rather risky,
although it seems to be what the FDA expect for multi-centre trials.
If there is some need to generalise then a model allowing for  a
random effect for B seems more sensible.

Ken