[R-sig-ME] Problem with binomial-normal model in lmer

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 22 14:53:34 CET 2008

    I have encountered this issue too (I wanted to fit a
lognormal-Poisson model as in Elston et al 2001, Parasitology
122:563-569), but didn't want to bother Doug Bates (having
bugged him about mcmcsamp so often in the past ...)  I too
would be curious to know whether this is something that could
be changed or a deeply rooted computational assumption.

    In the meantime, you could consider fitting a quasibinomial
model ...

     cheers
      Ben Bolker

  [trying again -- last one was rejected ... because of signature ? ]