[R-sig-ME] New alpha release of lme4 available on R-forge

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 31 00:59:09 CET 2008

There is a new alpha release (0.999375-2) of the lme4 package on
R-forge.R-project.org.  Major changes in this release are:

- The effect of the link function and the variance function in the
family argument have been separated.  Families beyond the binomial and
poisson are now allowed although I would advise caution.  I need to do
some more research on whether a common scale parameter changes the
calculation of the deviance.  (Feature request #81).

- The flist slot is now a data frame.  (Part of Feature request #96).

- the weights argument is now handled properly.  In particular, its
use no longer causes a segfault (Bug #92)

- some slots have been renamed and code simplified.