[R-sig-ME] Bug?: var estimates on exp scale for gaussian(link=log)

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 7 23:32:26 CET 2008

The development version of the lme4 package has some of the families
(binomial or quasibinomial with logit or probit link, poisson or
quasipoisson with log link) coded in C for efficiency.  The general
form will need to allow for evaluation of the family from R functions
and I haven't incorporated that yet.