[R-sig-ME] R-forge problems

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 7 15:47:50 CET 2008

BTW:

Congratulations, Doug, on your lme4 "completion" !!

    BW> [...]

    BW> | I have added web pages documenting the C source code at
    BW> | http://lme4.R-forge.R-project.org/doxygen.  In general you can use
    BW> | http://lme4.R-forge.R-project.org/ as the 'home page' for the project.
    BW> |  There is a link there to the project summary page.  You can browse
    BW> | the source code for the package under the SCM (source code management)
    BW> | tab on the project summary page.  The SCM tab provides information on
    BW> | how you can access the svn repository.  Alternatively, you can wait
    BW> | for the package builds to occur overnight (in Vienna) and install the
    BW> | new version with
    BW> |
    BW> | install.packages("lme4", repos = "http://r-forge.r-project.org")

    BW> I am sorry if I am missing anything but I was unable to download the
    BW> windows version of the development version of lme4. Neither
    BW> <install.packages("lme4", repos ...> nor the SCM approach
    BW> ("win32-latest.zip") works properly.

Hmm, yes indeed; the link (on the SCM web page) goes to the
"build log" instead of to the zip file,
and the bin/windows/contrib/2.6/ or current/ directory is
completely empty.

===> a bug in the R-forge setup (or maintenance or ...),
     and I think we've seen the problem before.

--> CC'ing one of the R-forge maintainers..

Martin Maechler, ETH ZUrich