[R-sig-ME] [OT] was: lmer vs lmer2 is: great book!

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Sep 13 12:53:51 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:51:17AM +0200, Henric Nilsson (Private) wrote:
> The data set in question, and, I belive, most others from Fitzmaurice,
> Laird and Ware's (2004) book on longitudinal data analysis, is

Which, I would like to add is a great book.  As part of a review for
Statistics in Medicine I asked Fitzmaurice to count the occurrences of
"For example," and "In other words," ... it was 300 and 400 times,
respectively.

I heartily recommend it as an introductory text to the area.

Andrew

--
Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763