[R-sig-ME] How to estimate the scale parameter in R

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 10 12:39:20 CEST 2007

    tp> I use SAS PROC GLIMMIX to estimate generalized linear mixed model. The
    tp> procedure can estimate the scale parameter and R-side random effects of
    tp> GLMM. I wonder if I want to estimate the scale parameter and R-side random
    tp> effects in R. I wonder which function in R I should use to do that.

Please consider reading and obeying the posting guide
==> http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html
and then probably repost your question:
--> more details; your identity?

Martin