[R-sig-ME] partly crossed design

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:38:21 CEST 2007

Iasonas Lamprianou sent the enclosed message to the R-SIG-Mixed-Models
mailing list.  It was deferred because the enclosed data in the form
of a zip file containing a .xls spreadsheet exceeded the limit on size
of messages.  I have made the data available as a .rda file (which is
less than 1/10 the size of the .xls file and about 1/3 the size of the
.zip file containing the .xls file) as

 http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/sdata.rda

I enclose a transcript of a model fit to these data.  I will respond
to this posting with some comments.  That way the conversation becomes
properly threaded.