[R-sig-ME] [R] exemples, tutorial on lmer

Bernd Weiss bernd.weiss at uni-koeln.de
Tue May 29 18:57:38 CEST 2007

Am 29 May 2007 um 11:08 hat Martin Henry H. Stevens geschrieben:

From:           	"Martin Henry H. Stevens" <HStevens at muohio.edu>
Date sent:      	Tue, 29 May 2007 11:08:13 -0400
To:             	Olivier MARTIN <olivier.martin at avignon.inra.fr>
Copies to:      	r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org, r-
help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject:        	Re: [R-sig-ME] [R] exemples, tutorial on lmer

> Hi Oliver,
> You could start with R News 2005, no. 1. Also the PDF associated with
> lme4, "Implementation.pdf."
> Hnak
> On May 29, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Olivier MARTIN wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have some difficulties to work with the function lmer from lme4
> > Does somebody have a tutorial or different examples to use this
> > function?

I found Baayen et al. "Mixed-effects modeling with crossed random
effects for subjects and items" very useful.
<http://www.mpi.nl/world/persons/private/baayen/publications/baayenDav
idsonBates.pdf>.

You also might consider having a look at
<http://www.mpi.nl/world/persons/private/baayen/publications/baayenCUP
stats.pdf>, pp. 263.

HTH,

Bernd