[R-sig-ME] [R] augPred in lmer

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 8 23:52:47 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Andrew Robinson <A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Kyle,
>
> not yet!  At least not as far as I know.

Not as far as I know either.

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 03:08:19PM -0600, Roberts, J. Kyle wrote:
> > I read the posts about augPred with lme, but does anyone know if there is a correlate for augPred for lmer?  Specifically, I want to be able to use it to plot projections for all groups in an lmer class object using plot(augPred(lmer.object)).

Can you give us a bit more detail on the model that you have fit?  It
may be possible to get the plot that you want without having to build
all the infrastructure that Jose and I built in lme.  Deepayan has
quietly added so many wonderful capabilities to lattice relative to
earlier versions of trellis that a more direct approach often works.

Also, I think we should move the discussion to the R-sig-mixed-models
mailing list, which I am cc:ing on this reply.