[R-meta] Correcting gain effects in nested studies

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Wed May 22 14:56:45 CEST 2024

Just to answer the question why escalc() needs the pre-post correlation for measure SMCR: It doesn't affect the estimate, but it is relevant for computing the sampling variance. To be precise:

yi = (m1i - m2i) / sd1i
vi = 2*(1-ri)/ni + yi^2 / (2*ni)

(leaving out the bias-correction).