[R-meta] Book suggestion to understand the technical stuff

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Feb 27 17:56:56 CET 2024

Dear Emily

You might get more helpful replies if you said what level of
mathematical training you have had. Are you familiar with basic algebra
features like the summation notation and the use of subscripts? Do you
know about logarithms and exponentiation? Have you learned about matrix
notation? I do not think you need to know about differential calculus to
get quite a long way.

Michael

On 27/02/2024 16:07, Emily Russell via R-sig-meta-analysis wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am really enjoying the book Meta-analysis with R (really!) and I am grateful for the bits that suggest that it is OK to skip the technical stuff in favour of the examples, BUT if I did want to understand the technical bits can someone suggest a good book or similar?
>
> I would really like to understand what I am doing as well as just being able to do it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Emily
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael