[R-meta] Estimating partial correlation coefficients from multi-level regression models

Vainius Bartasevičius v@|n|u@@b@rt@@ev|c|u@ @end|ng |rom t@pm|@vu@|t
Mon Feb 19 14:55:03 CET 2024

Dear Wolfgang,

Many thanks for your response. Yes, this issue does seem to have little influence on our summary effect sizes and meta-regression models anyway. We therefore largely follow the 2) option, although we might also try running identical analyses excluding PCCs that come from multi-level models as a kind of sensitivity analysis.

Best regards
Vainius
________________________________
From: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) <wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl>
Sent: 19 February 2024 11:35
To: R Special Interest Group for Meta-Analysis <r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org>
Cc: Vainius Bartasevi�ius <vainius.bartasevicius using tspmi.vu.lt>
Subject: RE: Estimating partial correlation coefficients from multi-level regression models

[You don't often get email from wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

Dear Vainius,

I suspect you are not getting any responses to your post (and neither on CV: https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/637996/meta-analysis-estimating-partial-correlation-coefficients-using-estimates-from) because as far as I know, nobody has ever looked into this issue.

So I would say you have two options:

1) Exclude the PCCs from multilevel analyses.
2) Include them and transparently explain how you set the dfs.

Note that ni is probably relatively large compared to the number of predictors however you count them, so this probably has little influence on the results in the first place.