[R-meta] GLMM issue with metaprop / meta package

Richter Dirk d|rk@r|chter @end|ng |rom b|h@ch
Fri Apr 5 18:21:53 CEST 2024

Thanks, Guido and Michael. It's obviously an issue related to the Matrix package. The verbose argument mentioned this error but did not produce any results.
Do I understand it correctly that the Inverse method is sufficient for a random effects model?
Thanks again,
Dirk

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dr. Guido Schwarzer <guido.schwarzer using uniklinik-freiburg.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. April 2024 17:48
An: R Special Interest Group for Meta-Analysis <r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org>
Cc: Richter Dirk <dirk.richter using bfh.ch>
Betreff: Re: [R-meta] GLMM issue with metaprop / meta package

Dear Dirk,

Recently, somebody asked the same question on GitHub (https://github.com/guido-s/meta/issues/57).

I changed the development version of meta such that the results of the common effect model are used as a fallback in metaprop() if the GLMM estimation fails (I am not sure any more whether this is a sensible approach. Any comments from the list are welcome on this.).

As Michael hinted, you can use verbose = TRUE to get more information on the estimation process. However, this is an argument of rma.glmm() from R package metafor called internally in metaprop() from R package meta.

The metaprop() call must look like the following:

metaprop(..., control = list(verbose = TRUE))

Best,
Guido