[R-meta] Profile likelihood for metafor::rma.mv()

Yuhang Hu yh342 @end|ng |rom n@u@edu
Wed Oct 25 21:22:56 CEST 2023

Hello All,

I have a profile log-likelihood for a parameter in my 'rma.mv()' model that
looks like this (where lack of x in the middle denotes non-convergence):
y    x

               x x x
The parameter estimate returned by rma.mv() is "y", but there clearly is
another estimate, "z", that has a larger log-likelihood value than "y".

So, the parameter estimate returned by rma.mv() is not the best. But in
this situation, can I report "z" as the correct estimate and disregard "y"?

Thanks,
Yuhang