[R-meta] The phylogenetic signal of a single trait and its significance

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Wed Nov 29 19:54:06 CET 2023

Dear Pengzhen,

You missed one of the main message of the paper. As shown in the simulation study, it is absolutely essential to include both the random species effect with phylogeny and the random species effect without phylogeny in the model.

As for your questions:

1) If your model includes moderators, then I would include those also when computing lambda.

2) Impossible to say without a reproducible example.