[R-meta] Correcting Hedges' g vs. Log response ratio in nested studies

Yuhang Hu yh342 @end|ng |rom n@u@edu
Thu Nov 2 22:11:11 CET 2023

Hi James,

If you look at Eq. number E.5.1 on p1 of this document: (
https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/Docs/referenceresources/WWC-41-Supplement-508_09212020.pdf)
they define the correction factor as: sqrt( 1-((2*(n-1)*icc)/(N-2)) )
where N is n1 + n2 (total sample size), and n as s the average number of
individuals per cluster.

Am I missing something? Or is the correction factor linked above from WWC
inaccurate?

Thank you,
Yuhang