[R-meta] Correcting Hedges' g vs. Log response ratio in nested studies

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Thu Nov 2 09:00:39 CET 2023

Dear Yuhang,

I haven't looked deeply into this, but an immediate thought I have is that for SMDs, you divide by some measure of variability within the groups. If that measure of variability is affected by your study design, then this will also affect the SMD value. On the other hand, this doesn't have any impact on LRRs since they are only the (log-transformed) ratio of the means.