[R-meta] Plotting the correlation among true/random effects across categories

Yuhang Hu yh342 @end|ng |rom n@u@edu
Thu May 4 23:38:33 CEST 2023

Thank you very much, Wolfgang. Regarding my second (unclear) follow-up, I
might have a conceptual misunderstanding that I hope to clear up.

When we use a "categorical" moderator (with struct="UN") to the left of |
(e.g., ~outcome | trial_id), conceptually it means that in each unique
trial_id, we fit "effect_size ~ outcome+0", and obtain the Mean for each
outcome category (say two categories). Then in the rma.mv() output, we get
the variation in means of each category as well as the correlation between
the means of the two categories across all unique trial_ids.

Is my conceptual understanding correct?

Thanks,
Yuhang