[R-meta] sd of blups vs tau in RE model

Reza Norouzian rnorouz|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 30 04:32:06 CEST 2023

Yefeng,

Another question/comment that I hear when I distinguish between
statistics (sd, correlation etc.) hand-calculated from BLUPs and and
their counterparts estimated directly by the model (which is not
conditioned on observed data) is that given that the BLUPs are
conditioned on observed data and don't necessarily reflect the
population, then would it be possible or make sense to, for example,
construct a confidence interval for a statistic (sd, correlation etc.)
hand-calculate from BLUPs.