[R-meta] How to Get PIs for Moderator Analyses

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Fri Jun 23 13:53:12 CEST 2023

Dear Tori,

The profile() function is not for getting PIs. You are misunderstanding what Michael was suggesting -- he was suggesting to use profile() to check if the variance components are identifiable by examining the profile likelihood plots. And predict() works just fine for getting PIs. Like I wrote, you have to use the 'newmods' argument in predict() to specify for which combination of moderator values you want to obtain a predicted effects (and the corresponding CI and PI).