[R-meta] question on scatter plot of estimates (Fisher's Z) against the standard error

Gabriel Cotlier g@b|k|m01 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 18 09:11:21 CEST 2023

Hello all,
I have found that when I do the square root of the variance in the y axis
and the Fisher's z estimates in the x axis instead of following the formula
for the standard error (SE =  sd (x) / sqrt (length (x)), I do get the same
scatter of points as in the funnel plot, but the scale in y axis is
different from that in the funnel plot.
I possible to receive an explanation of why, using the square root of the
variance, I obtain the same distribution of points as in the funnel figure?
I would also like to have in the scatter plot the same scale of values as
in the funnel plot which is different if I use the square root of the
variance, How could this be possible?
Thanks a lot for your help and guidance.
Kind regards.
Gabriel.