[R-meta] CHE- Model Moderator/ Subgroup Analysis

Wilma Charlott Theilig w||m@_ch@r|ott@the|||g @end|ng |rom m@||box@tu-dre@den@de
Mon Jul 17 21:30:47 CEST 2023

Good evening!

I wanted to ask whether it is possible to conduct moderator analyses or subgroup analyses for the CHE model (according to Pustejovsky & Tipton, 2022).

Furthermore, I wanted to ask how this could be implemented in R.

If there are already instructions or explanations somewhere that I have overlooked, I would be very grateful for a hint.

My code for the CHE model currently looks like this:

V <- vcalc(df$vi, cluster=df$StudyID, obs=df$EffectsizeID, data=df, rho=0.6, time1=time,  phi = 0.9)

overall <- rma.mv( yi, V = V,

                  data = df,

                  level = 95,

                  method = "REML",

                  slab = Study..author..year.,

                  random = list(~ 1 | StudyID, ~ 1 | EffectsizeID)) |> robust(cluster = StudyID, clubSandwich = TRUE)

I want to do a moderator analysis with a continuous predictor and a subgroup analysis with a categorical predictor.

Would it be necessary to dummycode the predictor in advance?

I thank you in advance for the great help you always get here in the forum!

Wilma

BSc, TU Dresden, Germany