[R-meta] Calculating standard errors from confidence interval and weights assigned

Win Thu w|nthu4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 12 06:36:45 CEST 2023

Hello,

I would like to seek your opinions on calculating standard error (sei) from
confidence intervals, and weights assigned to each study in a random
effects model.
To include in rma function* rma(yi, sei, data)*, I used the following
formula to calculate sei

*sei <- [log(CI upper limit) - log(CI lower limit)] / 3.92 *
For yi, it will be log(relative risk).

Then, I have the following weights for each study, which I am not very
confident as the studies with larger sample sizes (cohort studies) were
given reduced weights compared to smaller studies (case-control).
I need to combine both studies as there are limited studies on the topic.

I am grateful for your feedback.

[image: Untitled.png]
Thank you,
Win