[R-meta] Calculating effect sizes from standardized regression coefficients in Metafor

Wolf, Katrin k@tr|n@wo|| @end|ng |rom un|-b@mberg@de
Tue Jul 11 12:33:05 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am currently struggling with dealing with standardized regression coefficients (as indicator of the relationship between two variables of interest) in my meta-analysis with Metafor. Due to literature research, standardized regression coefficients can be used for meta-analysis when corresponding standard errors are also taken into account. Due to Metafor manual from 2023, it is possible to calculate effect size from partial correlations under consideration of t-statistics, sample size, number of predictors in regression model and R�. Do I interpret correctly that this is another approach?
I am sure there is a lot of experience with handling beta weights in Metafor. I would appreciate any information on this topic.

Kind regards,
Katrin

---
Dr. Katrin Wolf, Dipl.-Psych.
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin

Otto-Friedrich-Universit�t Bamberg
Lehrstuhl Fr�hkindliche Bildung und Erziehung
96045 Bamberg