[R-meta] comparison between escalc("SMCR") and escalc("SMD")

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 9 15:59:54 CET 2023

Thank you Wolfgang also for the references!
Yes, I have realized only after sending the email that you did a
similar approach
https://wviechtb.github.io/meta_analysis_books/borenstein2009.html#4)_Effect_Sizes_Based_on_Means
(section "standardized mean change (using raw score standardization)
") because Borenstein suggests transforming the change-score metric
into the raw score metric to include both in the same analysis.
Clearly, the sampling variance needs to take into account the
correlation and this is what is done by "SMCR" regardless the sd of
the denominator.
Thank you!

--
Filippo Gambarota
PhD Student - University of Padova
Department of Developmental and Social Psychology
Website: filippogambarota.xyz
Research Groups: Colab   Psicostat