[R-meta] Publication bias in the context of subgroup analysis

Dr. Gerta Rücker gert@@ruecker @end|ng |rom un|k||n|k-|re|burg@de
Sun Dec 10 22:19:23 CET 2023

Hi all,

Only to clarify notions: Cochrane uses the term "subgroup analysis" in both meanings, conducting separate meta-analyses within subgroups and meta-analysing all studies in one analysis, with "subgroup" as a covariate, i.e., meta-analysis with a categorial covariate. See https://training.cochrane.org/handbook/current/chapter-10#section-10-11-2 and https://training.cochrane.org/handbook/current/chapter-10#section-10-11-3-1 . R package meta also uses this terminology.

Best,
Gerta

UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics

Dr. Gerta Rücker
Guest Scientist

Stefan-Meier-Straße 26 · 79104 Freiburg
gerta.ruecker using uniklinik-freiburg.de

https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/imbi-en/employees.html?imbiuser=ruecker