[R-meta] formula of variance of mean effect from a RE model with 1/vi with weights

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Mon Apr 24 15:15:43 CEST 2023

I am sorry, but I am still not following. The RE model with non-standard weights doesn't really use a multiplicative factor to adjust the SE of the overall effect. We can directly derive Var[mu-hat] = Var[sum(wi*yi)/sum(wi)] (with Var[yi] = vi + tau2) using standard variance-covariance algebra.