[R-meta] WG: Results interpretation publication bias

Wilma Charlott Theilig w||m@_ch@r|ott@the|||g @end|ng |rom m@||box@tu-dre@den@de
Thu Apr 6 08:42:00 CEST 2023

________________________________

Dear Guido,

thank you very much for the recommendations. I have done the Thompson-Sharp test and also a Limit meta-analysis.

The Thompson-Sharp test is also significant:

Test result: t = -2.02, df = 77, p-value = 0.0468

Sample estimates:

bias se.bias intercept se.intercept

-1.3745 0.6801 0.4728 0.0543

For the limit meta-analysis, I obtained the following:

Random effects model COR 95%-CI z pval

Adjusted estimate 0.3872 [0.3267; 0.4445] 11.55 < 0.0001

Unadjusted estimate 0.3605 [0.3111; 0.4080] 13.49 < 0.0001

Quantifying heterogeneity:

tau^2 = 0.0549; I^2 = 98.4% [98.2%; 98.5%]; G^2 = 23.5%

Test of heterogeneity:

 Q d.f. p-value

 4751.13 78 0

Test of small-study effects:

Q-Q' d.f. p-value

 1267.74 1 0

Test of residual heterogeneity beyond small-study effects:

 Q' d.f. p-value

 3483.39 77 0

However, my conclusions according to this would not really change compared to the results I got before, apart from the fact that the trim and fill method does not give good results for some reason. Do you notice anything unusual about the results perhaps, or any possibility as to what that might be? It doesn't seem to be due to the large heterogeneity, maybe it really is due to the one study?

I would appreciate a short feedback!

Best regards

Wilma