[R-meta] Subgroup analysis results are different if I conducted each subgroup separately in metarate in R

Guido Schwarzer @c @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Thu Sep 29 18:27:11 CEST 2022

Mohamed,

Using the current CRAN versions from meta and metafor, I get exactly the
same results in the subgroup meta-analysis and separate meta-analyses
(see attached R script). Furthermore, results from meta and metafor are
identical.

The test for subgroup differences checks whether the random effects
estimates in the two subgroups differ. You could use metagen() or
rma.uni() to calculate the Q statistic and p-value (see end of attached
R script).

Best,

Guido