[R-meta] Questions about model averaging with complex multilevel meta-analytic model

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Thu Sep 29 11:25:54 CEST 2022

Troubleshooting this remotely is difficult.

Does this example run?

https://gist.github.com/wviechtb/891483eea79da21d057e60fd1e28856b

If so, then this is a bit of a head-scratcher given that there is nothing fundamentally different about your model. It just has a lot more fixed effects (and a slightly simpler random effects structure).

Maybe start by simplifying the 'mods' part. First try with just 2 or 3 of the variables and see if that works. If the problem only arises when adding more predictors, then this could be a problem with MuMIn. But first, you have to narrow down where the problem is coming from.